The CDBQ has created an Insect Processing Innovation Platform (PITI) to meet insect processors’ needs. This booming sector includes recovering co-products from the agrifood industry, developing new foods and ingredients, and reducing greenhouse gas production by organic matter decomposition in landfills. Whether developing bread, crackers, chocolate, snack foods, or juices, the possibilities for food processing with insects are abundant.
The CDBQ has acquired several pieces of equipment to set up the PITI. Among these are:
- Microwave oven for drying and pasteurization
- Oven for drying and pasteurization
- Hot water basin for pasteurization
- Tricantor to separate oil, solids, liquids
- Press to extract oil from insects
Ask us about the options suitable for your needs!
Accelerate the entotechnology sector’s growth in Quebec
Discover Our Services
- Scientific and technical support within the business ecosystem
- State-of-the-art insect processing infrastructure
- Knowledge of insect production and processing methods
- Valorization of co-products via the insect diet
- Development of new ingredients and new products
- Process development